- To prepare appropriate strategic and effective plan/ framework for the promotion of IT Industry in the State of Punjab and better tactical and operational decision-making for its efficient monitoring and management.
- Formulation, review and revision of policy for encouraging setting up of Information Technology (IT), Information Technology enabled Services (ITeS) and Knowledge industry and oversee its implementation.
- Bring-in investments in IT, Knowledge and ITeS sector in Punjab.
- Marketing of the State as a preferred investment destination in field of Information Technology (IT), Knowledge and ITeS industry.
- To bring about effective levels of collaboration amongst various stakeholders such as Department of Industry, Department of Investment Promotion, Department of Housing & Urban Development, Punjab Information & Communication Technology Corporation Ltd., Department of Employment Generation & Training, Department of Technical Education & Training, citizens and businesses etc with an aim of encouragement of Information Technology (IT), Information Technology enabled Services (ITeS) and Knowledge industry.
- To take necessary steps in consultations with the various stakeholders for development of IT Industry and IT Corridors for attracting investments in IT in the state.
- To seek consultancy and guidance from private sector/ industry associations/ bodies for studying the best practices and success stories with objectives of promotion of investments from domestic and foreign sources.
- To take appropriate measures for developing skills and knowledge of youth of Punjab in the desired fields for suitable placement within the state itself.